Wednesday, September 12, 2012

UNIDigAdv Blog SEO Report

One of my goals for the semester with this blog was to have it appear as the #1 result under the keyword "unidigadv" (our class hashtag on Twitter) and to be on the first page for the keyword "uni digital adveritising". Here is a rundown of how we're doing:
Keyword
Page | Result
Page | Result
Page | Result
unidigadv
1 | 6
- | -
- | -
#unidigadv
1 | 2
- | -
- | -
UNI "Digital Advertising"
1 | 6
- | -
- | -
UNI Digital Advertising
1 | 10
- | -
- | -

The good news is that I'm doing very well on Google - the blog is on the first page of results for all four keywords.  And we're up to #2 for the class hashtag - Not too shabby!

However, I noticed that my blog was not appearing on Bing at all. 




I guess Bing is not very bright. In the old days, all search engines were a bit dim and you had to manually submit your website URL to the search engine before it could find it. So I searched for "Submitting a website on Bing" and found this site to submit websites to Bing. The cool thing is that once I submitted my blog to Bing, it offered me a $50 credit on Microsoft Advertising (good toward ad campaigns on Bing and Yahoo!) for creating a Bing Webmaster account (which is free).

I'm curious to see how long it will take for Bing to index this blog and list it in their results - I'll keep you posted!

How is your blog doing?  

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your insight for your fantastic posting. I’m glad I have taken the time to see this. marketing1on1 info

    ReplyDelete